# I can't watch OneSoccer on my Android device
First, check to see whether your device is rooted and, if so, turn off this feature. We have observed that rooted devices do not reproduce our content correctly.
- If you are unable to view OneSoccer on your Android device, follow these suggestions:
- Restart the device by switching it off completely for around 15 seconds. Then, switch it on again and try again to view the content. Restarting the device is usually enough to restore the connection to our service.
- Reinstall the OneSoccer app and see if you can view the content correctly.
Make sure that the device is completely switched off (unplug it if possible). This is much more effective for updating the device's network connection than putting the device into standby mode.
Connect to a different network (WiFi or mobile), access the app again and view a channel.
Make sure that your Android device is up to date.
- Go to Settings.
- Select About Phone or About Device.
- Select Update.
- After downloading the available updates, try again to view a channel.
Due to the different software and hardware configurations of each manufacturer, we cannot ensure that our app will function correctly on all devices on the market.
If you still are unable view the content, contact us from your Customer Area (opens new window), including the brand and model of your device and a detailed description of the problem.